Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Tuesday, Oct 18th
Okey dokey, today we ran around shooting this crazy ambient idea we had for DHL. Such silliness. Who knew it would be so hard to find packing peanuts in a city the size of Berlin? And, if DHL doesn’t actually have them, why did our cd think it was so important to use them as part of the shoot? And, why did he choose this moment that I am writing about him and not making ads, to come out of his office and ask me how to use the scanner? I don’t know I don’t know and oh, wait… yeah, don’t care ;) So guenduez struts into his office with our photos like they’ve already won at Cannes, and of course the guy is like, um, yeah, did you shoot at other angles, cause this isn’t right…. Oh guenni, I TOLD you to humor me and shoot it both ways! He’s been acting more and more like a little brother lately. What am I gonna do with that kid?

Okay, so today’s excitement is over amazon.com letting me read chapters on line. Radical Careering, and Pick Me! A guide to getting into advertising, both came out recently. Yayayay Portfolio Advice for me, just in time to graduate! I especially like the chapter called, “Putting together a portfolio: like giving birth, only more painful” He he… and I especially like that both of these books are written by famous women creative directors. I know, you never see all of those words used together at once. Famous! Women! Creative Directors! So bonus, maybe they can honestly answer the question about whether having an ad for lipstick in my portfolio (cleverly disguised as an ad for a kissing competition I might mention) is going to doom me to a life of Oil of Olay commercials. Cause yeah, as much as I want a job? Not that one. I’m pretty picky for a student right? Wrong! Mediocrity is never an option.

OH! And a big hells yeah to the American Textor (ahem, ME!) who knows her adverbs! Its fun when the CD’s are asking for you to craft their lines in English! Now how did they ever get along without me???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home