Sunday, October 02, 2005

Day 3
Todays experience - Lidle – the cheapest German grocery. Okay, I did get a lot of food for 26 euros, but blech! And somebody please tell Visa they are not everywhere I want to be – they wouldn’t accept my card, and neither would that grocery store in Sardinia last month. Anyway, I’ve enjoyed shopping at gas stations more than this grocery store, but Guenni says get used to it, nothing here is super sized like in America. Also, if you want grocery bags, you have to buy them, and you bag everything yourself. Pout. I wish I’d known before I embarrassed myself.
However – I am finally out of the casa de Esra (German word for house???) and into my own apartment. WOOOOOO!!!!! This place is gorgeous! The girl we are subletting from is def some kind of designer and the décor is just so lovely. It’s really a one bedroom, but the living room will be Guenni’s and it will work out fine. I’ve already unpacked, made tea, and only electrocuted myself a little bit figuring out the converters.
There is no internet yet, and of course the TV is all German, but itunes shuffle is in a sympathetic mood so I have good music to keep me company for the time being. Gute nacht!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home