Friday, October 07, 2005

Day 8 – Friday – Schmand!
I survived a whole week! Take that world! I am freaking out not having internet at home though. Maybe it’s a good thing, maybe I am too dependent? Shall we see what happens if I am cut off? Perhaps being alone in a foreign country is not the time to try such an experiment. Then again, perhaps it is ;)

Schmand! What the hell is this Schmand! I went to the store hoping for cottage cheese, and came home with schmand, which is apparently sour cream. ARRRR! Guenduez is fasting for Ramadan, so I really can’t ask him to come into the grocery store with me. And there are plenty of food words in my dictionary, but mostly for restaurants. So, basically, I am useless when it comes to grocery stores. Lots of stuff I can figure out from where it is in the store and what it is near, and sometimes I am lucky and there are pictures on the label. But even then, I can’t understand the cooking instructions if there are any. Such torture.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol My name is Schmand, Richard

9:38 PM

 
Blogger Dick Schmand said...

I left an "anonymous" but that's not fair. My name is Dick Schmand and there are many of us with that name spread all over the place... to my surprise. Anyway, I just want you to know I'm not a talking cheese! hehe

9:43 PM

 
Blogger Dick Schmand said...

I just read your profile... My granddaughter, Cheyanne, lives and works in Boston... the "Buzz Agent" place. And, my mother was from Boston (I'm 78, bah humbug). Was a free lance artist most of my life... one of the starving type.
Okay...later.

9:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home