Thursday, October 27, 2005

Thursday, Oct 24th, Night Musings

Berlin, I feel humble. You let me walk your streets at night, and keep me safe. You startle me with your stars, and keep me small. You challenge me to find my place, and keep me true. When I consider this city and its place in time, I am overwhelmed with the sense of humanity. Your people have been swept away in what they knew to be true, and then buried under the weight of their own sins. We can neither forgive nor forget, but yet we move on. I walk your streets and at each corner I see growth. The leaves are falling from the trees, flashing golden against the blue sky to remind us: there is a cycle. For better or for worse, we spiral through it every day.

I wonder, though. Each of us has sins in our past we wish we could erase. Each of us has faced hardship, felt stifled, been torn down and been forced to rebuild. This takes soul searching. Berlin had no choice but to own up honestly, and face itself with the world watching. Most cities, most souls, don’t have to be so brutally honest with themselves. So, they aren’t. They cheat the process; they cheat themselves. You can’t build until you’ve found your foundation of truth.

I think berlin and I understand eachother. life is a process.

The lesson is in here somewhere: what is right today may change tomorrow. Follow your heart, and allow it to grow. The Truth always comes back around.

Okay, enough serious talk. Gonna go watch some Jon Stewart clips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home